- “It’s not the job they thought it would be” – Nosediving to a career they initially felt was their ‘dream job’ is the primary cause of dissatisfaction, as cited by nearly a quarter of respondents. In hindsight, jumping into jobs purely based on company descriptions or taking offers on the basis of own preconceived notions of what the role would entail can truly be disheartening.
- “They are not getting paid enough for what they do” – More often than not, Filipinos discover themselves in positions where they accept compensations that can be less than what they should have earned in the light of making ends meet or with the promise of a promotion. Apparently, 48% of them reported being underpaid.
- “Salary and financial stability of their current job could be better” – As mentioned, 54% of Filipino professionals would shift to industries for greater financial incentives.
- “They do not enjoy what they do” – Being compelled to take up a job with little to no motivation, despite it paying well, will not do justice for one’s career in the long run.
- Associate Certification – This type of certification is consist of all the basic knowledge criteria for an SAP consultant.
- Delta Certification – An examination eligible after a prerequisite Associate exam to ensure that the knowledge and expertise of consultants are up-to-date.
- Specialist Certification – Focuses on a certain function or aspect of integration and principally an addition to the Associate Certification.
- Professional Certification – Stipulates existing project knowledge, business process skills, and a comprehensive understanding of SAP solutions.
- Investment – Be a highly sought-after candidate for companies by being a certified SAP expert as you embody competency and professionalism. Likewise, easily meet the shifting hiring expectations gain higher market value which eventually increases profits and income.
- Flexibility – Be able to work and study while traveling to places through SAP Learning Hub’s self-paced learning methods that are personalized to fit your timetable.
- Leisure – Be willing to indulge yourself and unwind from the stressful business world from time to time by taking additional projects or extra jobs where you can implement the valuable skills you have acquired.
In 2018, recruitment company Monster.com conducted a survey that involved 2,400 professionals across Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines in order to grasp the challenges and issues of career switching. Among 1,264 respondents, 63% of professionals in the Philippines expressed desire to change career paths, in which 88% considered shifting to a profession beyond their area of expertise so as to pursue the “right” career. According to 23% and 54% of Filipino workers, the lack of growth within their current environment as well as the need to seek opportunities that would provide better compensation, respectively, are the grounds as to why they choose to change said career paths.
In a similar analysis, Monster.com, through their #IMadeTheSwitch survey, identified four reasons as to why Filipinos are seemingly displeased with their current professions.
As technology continuously shape today’s industry, more people are indeed considering a career within said industry. SAP is widely recognized and respected internationally for its experience when it comes to the delivery of ERP systems and business operations management. Consequently, there is a rapid increase in terms of the number of people considering SAP and as a result, IT professionals and career shifters are pursuing SAP as their next career move.
Considered as one of today’s most recognized and highly regarded certification today, the SAP Certification help validate the knowledge and skills of those who strive to place themselves in an SAP environment.
The SAP offers the following types of certification:
As you start your journey with SAP, it is critical that you have the right amount of knowledge and competency that will fulfill several companies’ requirements as they seek future candidates.
Here are some of SAP’s most noted functional and technical modules:
1. FICO – FI (Financial Accounting) and CO (Controlling)
Considered to be one of the most widely deployed SAP modules, FICO integrates nearly all business processes across industries. The Financial Accounting (FI) module lets employees manage records and reports in a unified system while the Controlling (CO) module aids preparation, recording, and controlling of business operations.
2. PP – Production Planning
Comes in the form of master data, system configuration, and transactions on top of developed production planning and management tools.
3. MM – Materials Management
Contains the essential, processed, and manufactured materials necessary within companies which deals with procurement and inventory on a daily basis as well.
4. SD – Sales and Distribution
Includes product sales, distribution and billing of goods, and business transactions such as quotations and proposals in which said module is closely integrated with SAP MM and PP modules.
5. ABAP – Advanced Business Application Programming
A part of the technical module, ABAP is used to develop the SAP R/3 program and company-specific designs and configuration in the SAP system.
6. SAP NETWEAVER
An open application server platform employed by SAP developers, consultants, and administrators which enables companies to integrate data into a unified SAP environment.
SAP Learning Hub
Boost your skills and extend your career options with SAP Learning Hub, an innovative and self-directed training. Being fully equipped with the latest materials, SAP Learning Hub is one of the most widespread learning program that is designed with cloud-based instructions.
Take your gained expertise to the next level to your advantage in the form of investment, flexibility, and leisure:
With all that having been said, having SAP as a career option clearly opens new opportunities and can take you to new possibilities. Through the SAP Certification, SAP Modules, and SAP Learning Hub, be a certified expert with the right amount of knowledge and competency all in a cloud-based instruction. Kaisa Academy is the first SAP Education partner in the Philippines. With that title exudes great professionalism and competency which reflects the program and the company altogether. Inquire Now and learn how you can start your SAP career today.
About the author:
Eliza Tarlac is a content writer for Marketing. She is a graduate of Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, major in English Language Studies from the University of Santo Tomas. As a writer, she is passionate in technical, academic, and creative writing where she strives to transform ideas and concepts to help businesses deliver their message and establish their brand.